Approval for Transbiome

Transbiome is a study that seeks to characterize the neo-vaginal microbiome of trans women (participants are expected to mostly be French, or otherwise in the EU). The project team includes Open Humans staff, @gedankenstuecke (study coordinator) and @madprime (co-advisor).

The project uses Open Humans to de-identify data collection (survey responses and microbiome analysis) and provide participants with optional access to data generated from the samples they contribute.

Should this project be visible and available for all Open Humans members to join?

Please vote Approve or Deny, and/or comment.

Quick links

Project info

• Title: Transbiome
  • Managed by: Bastian Greshake Tzovaras, Center for Research and Interdisciplinarity (CRI)
  • Description: The objective of this study is to gain a better understanding of the microbial diversity and composition of the microbiomes that are found in neo-vaginas. To that end we aim to analyze the neo-vaginal microbiome of several trans women and will also investigate whether different surgical techniques and post-operative care have an impact on its constitution.
  • Project website: https://www.transbiome.org/
  • Connections: 5 members
  • Data received: None
  • Data added: Microbiome data
  • Ethics review: Approved by the CPP (ComitĂ©de protection des personnes, France’s IRB/IEC process)
1 Like

Approve.

Disclosure: my spouse donated to the project.

2 Likes

Approve. Although the ethics review wasn’t readable by me, the rest of the documents and project direction seem to fit very well in within the guidelines.

1 Like

Approve. Interesting to get more “sample” based research into Open Humans.

Based on feedback, as well as the presence of ethics board review and approval, I’m going to mark this as “approved” and close this thread. Thanks all!