Does music affect my running speed?

I have collected 1.5 months of data at this point and I am ready to look at it. I have collected a lot of metrics in Google Spreadsheets, but am having a hard time plotting the data. What am I supposed to be looking for? Really I want to see if my overall mile time is faster, and if speed correlates with an increase in SPM. There are so many variables!

Any tips for creating graphs?

OMG, I am analyzing the experiment data, and comparing it with pilot data and historical data from the previous 6 months of running. Probably the most exciting finding is what I learned from outliers. MALCOLM GLADWELL WAS ON TO SOMETHING.

1 Like

Hey, sorry for not getting back to you earlier, but @madprime and I have been so busy with quantifiedflu.org in the last two weeks. That’s super exciting to hear!

How comfortable would you be with using R and the ggplot2 library for doing the graphs? It makes it pretty easy to make box/violinplots, which could be really useful to compare your two conditions? Andi if you have a few sample rows of your spreadsheet I’d be happy to make a script that you could run with your whole data!